Many people enjoy having fun and staying in touch with friends and acquaintances via social media. However, social media sites can also give your business a big boost. They are not a waste of time, either, if you know how to use them properly. The 8 tips that follow contain tips, tricks and techniques you can apply for optimal usage of social media.
1. Make the Most of YouTube – YouTube can be a great tool for attracting visitors. Millions of people are on YouTube each hour of every day, this can potentially attract millions of people towards you so it’s never a bad idea to market here. More visitors can boost your sales if they know about your products or services.
2. Enable Commenting and Social Sharing – Provide your readers with the opportunity to comment and share your material. These functions allow visitors to let their networks know they were impressed with your site.
3. Engage with your Visitors – Answer as many questions people throw your way as possible. Look for comments every time you log on.
4. Little Promotion is Encouraged – If you want people to be interested in the social media marketing campaign you’re running, have specials that people can take advantage of by adding you onto these social media sites. When people see your unique deals on their Facebook home page, they will surely want to follow you. They may also encourage their friends and connections to follow you as well. Just never promote too much or else that will be a huge turn off and be considered as spam.
5. Never Boast – Consistently keep an attitude of humility in all your social media content. If you appear to boastful or arrogant, people will not be be drawn to your or your business. No matter how big or important your company is, your followers will show their displeasure. Never express the opinion that you are more important or powerful than your customers and followers. If it weren’t for them, you would be out of business.
6. Utilize LinkedIn – Make sure your blog postings appear as part of your LinkedIn page by using its blog feed function. This allows your post to appear as an update on your LinkedIn page. This will allow you to save time and you’ll enjoy more exposure on LinkedIn.
7. Keep Track of What you are Doing – When dealing with social media marketing, you have to keep track of everything you’re doing. It is important to generate statistics of the activity produced and the number of followers gained on a weekly basis. When you can make the connection between your actions and results, it will become easier to create a more effective marketing strategy. If you aren’t keeping track of the results, you can’t possibly know what’s working and what’s not.
8. Broadcast your New Content – After you publish the new content on your blog, alert your followers to the new information through your social media outlets. This will link to your followers in the social media that there is new and interesting content available for them to read about.
The potential gains to be made through social media sites are huge. Many people register on social media sites every day, and if you market your site with them, you will reach a wider audience. You should now know how you can use social media websites to market your product or service effectively. Choose the social media websites you’re most interested in working with at first, and get started!
Sign up below to receive your free gift- 100 Powerful Social Media Quotes and receive useful goodies, tips and tricks as well!
My biggest problem with social media is that I’m either hot or cold with it. Either I’m posting nonstop or I don’t do anything but link to a blog post for 4 days. I need to get more consistent.
A lot of people have the same issue, I have a lot of info written up as to how often to post on your networks and you may want to check those out! You are definitely not alone and thanks so much for commenting!
I’m on social media everyday, but I still don’t feel as if I am utilizing it as best as I can. The problem is getting everything shared on all the platforms and STILL get out in time to do more work offline. LOL
I hear you Bonnie, you may want to read this post I had written recently! https://miriamRachel.com/the-truth-of-what-it-takes-to-manage-your-social-media/
nice tips which are very useful
Thanks for commenting!
“Enable Commenting and Social Sharing” tha’s #1 in my book 🙂 You wouldn’t believe how many small businesses I have worked with who have commenting switched off or don’t have sharing enabled on their sites etc.
There’s little point in being on social media if you have no intention of being social (unless you’re driving traffic with ads, but that’s a whole different story!)
Thanks for sharing your tips Miriam
Thanks for commenting Jan and boy don’t I know 🙂
I really need to be more consistent as well. I can keep up with Facebook and Twitter, but I’m terrible at remembering to be active in all the others. YouTube especially is my problem…I just never seem to have time to put together a video and I’m such a perfectionist if I were to do that, I’d need that perfect intro, perfect exit, perfect hair, etc. I’m really way to self conscious for YouTube. lol
Misty I am the same, I am consistent with all networks and I need to take my own advice with YouTube as well 🙂 Thanks for commenting!
That seems to be where we are all falling down – consistency. I just realized I haven’t been posting to my FB page very much because I’ve been posting to the FB group, but it’s not the same at all. I’m more consistent with Twitter but then I suddenly notice a couple of days have gone past and I have forgotten to post anything. I am not even on Youtube yet. I dare not start anything else!
I know it is a challenge 🙂 Keep plugging away and you will do great.
Great tips. Social media if done right can be a big boost for any company. Because it is so simple to get started, understand that if you are not on social media, your competitors probably are.
You are right Kevin and thanks for the comment.