When you finally decide to go into network marketing, a rush of excitement flows right through you. In fact, it is quite easy to get cocky at first and the only thought that initially crosses your mind is “oh boy, finally a way to make money from home and not have to worry about the 9-5 nonsense anymore, this will be so cool”. However, as time passes by, and not much time I might add.. you may find yourself a lot less cocky about the whole thing. Not to mention the excitement has already worn off. In fact you may find yourself in the middle of b-fests because- as enticing as it sounds to make money from home and not have to deal with a boss again.. it DOES come with a lot of aggravation and frustration. No one said that network marketing IS easy and hassle free! In fact NOTHING is, when there is a prize at the end.. which is money when it comes to anything business related. I will list 15 common reasons behind a network marketer’s b-fests!
1. I tell my friends and family about what I am doing and they run away. You just got involved in an online company and you are understandably excited. Your upline likely even told you to tell your friends and family about what you are doing AND to get them involved as well. However, when you tell your friends and family what you are doing, not only do they call you crazy for getting involved in the first place but— they want nothing to do with it. And the more they resist, the more you have a need to hound them!! Before you know it, they want nothing to do with you! At the same time, you may be feeling resentment towards your friends and family and will want nothing to do with them either due to this! Believe me, I know. I have been there. So my best advice is if you want to avoid this – just not even bother telling your friends and family about what you are doing! Go online, do searches on how to market online, and start studying! Because your friends and family likely will not want anything to do with what you are doing, and will even condemn you for it! Your prospects are people out there who you DON’T know! But there are programs that can teach you how to become a successful network marketer such as MLMZing!
2. I resent having to spend at least $100 every month to my company . Here is the thing. When you are qualified, you get bonuses or commission checks for all of your hard work. However, in order to stay qualified to receive our bonuses, you need to pay $100 a month to the company. This also guarantees that your upline will also get their bonuses. But what you likely do not know is that the required purchase is tax deductible! And when your downline is paying their $100 a month, you get the cash!! 🙂
3. How will this possibly be a success?? I mean really, I don’t know enough people. Well the fact of the matter is, you are not the only one who does not know enough people. And as we already know, the old ways of how they worked for Amway (remember reason #1) no longer applies, let alone works! And it goes back to again, getting used to modern technology and learning how to find leads, market your product or service in a professional way! One excellent source to teach you how to do that is to check out MLMZing! MLMZing will teach you how to not just meet new people but how to say the right things to them in order for them to be interested in what you have!
4. Yuck, I hate sales. Who says you need to like it? When you really think about it, you DO sell yourself to everyone you know, and trying to get others to think like you- and it can be as simple as what kind of ice cream treat you have. The good news is, technology today will help you not have to feel like you are selling anyone.
5. I am too busy to do it. If you are too busy, then why did you agree to get into network marketing in the first place? Did you *seriously* think that the money would just magically come to you? Or that you could manage working at it quite easily? And once you realize how much time and effort it takes to make it successful, then you just throw your hands in the air and yell “I can’t do this. I am TOO busy!” Okay sure, we ALL our busy. I am busy. I do readings, and I am writing and selling books, I have a family, kids, one having autism and getting him to evolve with the help also takes work, and other duties, etc- but yet I ALWAYS make time to commit to bettering my network marketing efforts. All it takes is planning your time and commitment of intense work- then not having enough time to put into network marketing you will see is an excuse.
6. I don’t have leads!. When a network marketer is in the middle of a b-fest, this is the top reason behind it! And there are lots and lots of programs that will teach you how to create leads, instead of spending a fortune on non-responsive leads. A great one to consider is MLMZing!
7. I am not cut out for this. Well, as they say if you believe you can or can’t.. then either way you are right. This is when you will need to cut yourself some slack. Think about why you joined in the first place, and that was because of not wanting to work that boring 9-5 job anymore. So, focus on why you joined. With hard work, focus and commitment, you will be thinking again about what you CAN do!
8. My up-line is constantly bothering me to get people in. If that is the case, then they are using outdated methods of network marketing. So use modern ways to work the business! Learn what you can about how network marketing is done in the 21st century. For instance, MLMZing can teach you everything you will need to know to make your business successful. And once their checks have soared, they will wonder what you have done and they may drop their old outdated tactics!
9. I cannot stand rejection, it hurts. I know it hurts and it seems personal but remember, it is not. Those who tell you “no” are either not interested in working at home or feel that the company you are with is not right for them. Remember, it has nothing to do with you! Those out there who want to join your team in a heartbeat are out there!! It is a matter of them finding you and MLMZing will teach you how to do that!
10. I tell enthusiastic people who want to come in, and they don’t bother showing up for a webinar or a call. These people always say “yes” to everything, and once they are faced with what they must do in the business, they get scared. I admit it, I used to be one of those. But in order to find real, serious leads, who will not only say yes but mean it, methods can be taught you how to do that at MLMZing.
11. Instead of making money, I am LOSING money in network marketing and end up in debt! Firstly my recommendation to you is to find a good marketing coach, a trusted one- even go on facebook and become friendly with some since you are serious about network marketing. You may even find ones that will be kind enough to help you for the kindness of their heart. Listen to what he or she has to say to help you get your word out there with losing money. And it is true. technology can be expensive. However, some free ways to generate leads is to not only write articles but to blog!! This is a good way for people to get to “know” you and a cheap or free way to generate leads 🙂
12. Advertising is expensive. Remember I said article writing, and writing up blogs? There is one way to advertise what you are doing! And you can even make money by writing articles too!! Wouldn’t that be cool?
13. I want to advertise in a certain way but my company does not allow it that way! You cannot blame them for setting the laws down since the liability laws are so strong. You will find ideas on how to advertise in a creative way without breaking any law through the educational program at MLMZing!
14. I have no idea how to create a website. Just be sure when you join a company, there is already a website for you. But it is a good idea to have your very own! I want to add that there are a lot of website building companies out there that are easy to follow. All you have to do that, and spend $10 for a domain as well! Then there is your own website. And if you really don’t want to even attempt to give it a try, be sure to go on http://www.fiverr.com to find those who will build a site for you for $5. There are many who will do that just for $5.
15. Too many programs to choose from, which one is right for me? Okay no problem! The first thing to do is figure out what kind of products or services interest you? Narrow it down that way. You will figure it out. Then once you do, the best thing to do is go online and do a search on people who are promoting those companies through their articles and even reviews on the teams they are on. This is a time as well to use your intuition. When you find the best fit for you, you can hope that you had fallen in with the right team and the product that works for you. And be prepared, there will be trial and error. You will inevitably fall into a team that is not right for you, and you will end up trying out a company that sells products that you do not really like even if you thought you would. Eventually, with more experience it will click!
So remember, the next time you are having a b-fest about network marketing, there are solutions to problems! And keep in mind, there is a great network marketing educational program called MLMZing which is there to teach you everything you will need to know about how to succeed in this tough but rewarding business.
This must be one of the best blog posts I’ve read recently! I am a Internet Marketing newbie, and I learnt quite a lot from it! Lot’s of useful info here, will recommend to my friends!
Keep up the great work!
Hello Miriam! I absolutely had fun while reading your article and I learned a lot from it. But you forgot to mention that they still need to find a webhost for them to create a website. 🙂
Hi Glen, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. You are absolutely right! How could I forget that? Thanks for pointing that out. And thanks again for coming by!! Be well.